ParkFans Logo

Howl-O-Scream 2013: Rumors Have a Way of Spreading

09-03-2013, 10:56 PM
Subject: RE: Howl-O-Scream 2013: Fear Has a Way of Spreading

^ The La Belle Mansion is just the shopping area there in France.

"You're better off over in that Frenchie town down the road, sippin' on their fancy cafe latte and eatin' their fancy pastries. But, if you're up for adventure, you've come to the right place!"
09-04-2013, 03:27 AM

(09-03-2013 10:32 PM)BGW Family Wrote:  Whoa! That big green VB building suddenly grew a black forest around it! We only WISH that was the one place the shrubbery would go wild. Maybe BGW thinks if they print it, the public will believe it?

They could just use the Darkastle extended queue line for the Root of All Evil. Smiling

BGW: Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country! KD: Ride on!
Thanks given by:  Party Rocker
09-04-2013, 03:49 AM

Wow so many pages in such a short time!

Well anyways, let me quickly touch a few points I have stuck in my head. First off, PK you mention cheap being in reckless budgeting and in quality of props; however you constantly criticized cheap referring to the reusing of props. No I understand your points, they are very much valid; however, you either forgot a point or you just didn't make it valid. Either way I think reusing props is a great idea, depending on how it is presented in a new location or new style. For example, Cursed costumes, they were great the first go around in Cursed, and now they look great hanging from the ropes on the San Marco bridge. How about the Killarney Leprechaun's wagon? It fit perfectly in Killarney and did a fantastic job in Cursed and Fear Fair.

Also to note, last time I checked the Killarney wagon used in Cursed and Fear Fair has been dismantled and may not be used for Cutthroat Cove.

As far as Ripper Row goes, I think the victims should be dressed up as actual guests, not only will it immerse guests from all around, but will also instill a great sense of fear without a scare actor scaring you. The suspects, cops, and Jack the Ripper can all be in their time costumes as that makes sense.

SukaVayne, Germany hosts many folklore tales of most of our infamous creatures. Frankenstien and Werewolves both came from Germany; however Vampires came from Romania, which can be mistaken very easily for German. Pirates were actually world wide. Check out Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. You will see, there were Asian, Caribbean, English, etc. pirates. The most famous pirates were those of the caribbean but don't be fooled, they sailed all 7 seas, not just the caribbean.

BGWScream, Scotland will not have a Terror-tory so don't expect much. In fact, in areas where there is no listed Terror-tory I'd only really expect the same decor we have seen the past three years or so.

As far as the water rides go, expect them to stay open until 5PM and then shut down afterwards.

Then as far as Terror-tories versus hamlet themes go; Terror-tories are meant to take the person completely out of the hamlet. For example, France is not France, it is Demon Street, a street from Hell so to speak. It may just so happen to resemble France . . . a lot. With that said, I think Dig It Up is only being brought back because a new pirate themed show would cost a lot and would wreck a lot of other things.
09-04-2013, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 05:37 AM by Griff.)

Wait why are none of the rides in TERRORtorries renamed?
09-04-2013, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 06:19 AM by Pretzel Kaiser.)

Quote:First off, PK you mention cheap being in reckless budgeting and in quality of props; however you constantly criticized cheap referring to the reusing of props. No I understand your points, they are very much valid; however, you either forgot a point or you just didn't make it valid. Either way I think reusing props is a great idea, depending on how it is presented in a new location or new style. For example, Cursed costumes, they were great the first go around in Cursed, and now they look great hanging from the ropes on the San Marco bridge. How about the Killarney Leprechaun's wagon? It fit perfectly in Killarney and did a fantastic job in Cursed and Fear Fair.

Yes, the park has used some props that fit the house, but this isn't as simple as that. The park brought in people in the past to design houses but did not last year for Root and won't for Cutthroat. Compare Dead Line to Root and tell me that can pull off an immersive experiences in house on the cheap. I honestly seeing the park putting anything they found in storage that you could convince a five year old is pirate-y and just tossing it in there somehow, not to mention before but the park is painting ornaments too look at cannonballs, that alone should tell you what to expect out of this house. The matter is made much worse by the fact that this is supposed to be the year of immersion. Yes, I'm being doom and gloom, the park hasn't left me with any good opinions about it for some time now, the park doesn't deserve any trust for a good event.

(09-04-2013 05:37 AM)Griff Wrote:  Wait why are none of the rides in TERRORtorries renamed?

Because the park can't do immersive theming like they advertise and that would be way too cool for the park to do.

DarkFans Overlord
09-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Did anyone noticed they marked steep hills and stairs?

Tá Scotsman clad i kilt fhág an barra tráthnóna amháin cothrom
Thanks given by:  Nicole, BGW Family, Applesauce, gazisghost
09-04-2013, 08:55 AM

(09-04-2013 08:27 AM)Cody Wrote:  Did anyone noticed they marked steep hills and stairs?

Wow. Yes they did. Is that helpful or absurd. Not sure.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
09-04-2013, 08:57 AM

I think it is helpful to the drunk people reading the map upside down, looking for the next bar

Tá Scotsman clad i kilt fhág an barra tráthnóna amháin cothrom
Thanks given by:  Nicole, BGW Family
09-04-2013, 09:29 AM

Steep hills and stairs have also been marked on the maps ALL year. My 6 year old first noticed this in May.
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Owls R A Hoot, Planeteer, Nora, Kitty, Party Rocker, Joe, Haberdasher1973
09-04-2013, 09:55 AM

(09-04-2013 08:57 AM)Cody Wrote:  I think it is helpful to the drunk people reading the map upside down, looking for the next bar

As someone who went to a nearly vertical university, I can confirm that alcohol and stairs do not mix. I still have nightmares about a certain set of stairs outside my freshman dorm, and I can't really say for sure that I ever really slipped on them.

"Wit has some truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words." -- Dorothy Parker
09-04-2013, 10:17 AM

So, I need help.

I got the email about the "bring a friend for free opening weekend and make HOS close due to capacity" just like everyone else. Almost all of my friends have a pass already, but I still want to claim my pass - just in case.
The instructions in the email say to:
1. Log in to your Pass Member Account with your Pass barcode and zip code
2. Select "Pass Member Ticket Discounts" at the bottom of the page

I can not figure out step two. When I log in using the link provided in the email, it takes me to the ez-pay screen and there is NO WHERE on that page that says "pass member ticket discounts"

When I go to the https://seaworldparks.com/en/buschgardens-williamsburg/ page, I can't find it there either.

Halp?
09-04-2013, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 10:36 AM by Nicole.)

Have you tried going to the link from the BGW site, itself? That is where I always to go get mt discounted passes, tours, quick queues, etc.

Link to Pass Member Site

Clink the link embedded in this box on the far right side of the screen:

Already A Pass Member?

Manage your account, renew/upgrade your pass or to take advantage of your discounts and special limited-time offers.

Click here to log in to your Busch Gardens Pass Member Account.

From there you will be asked for your Barcode and Zip Code. It always takes me to a Pass Member Exclusives page with links for all of the discounts.

I just checked, and do NOT go to the HOS link. Go to the very bottom if the screen and the offer is in linked text.

It just worked for me, but if you are still having problems, you might need to call?

09-04-2013, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 11:52 AM by Zachary.)

I've been talking to a few people about Demon Street over the last few days and, though I can't specify much, just be prepared for disappointment. I've been told that basically all of the hell-related props have been cut due to budget constraints in favor of a much more nightclub-esque look and feel. It's a real shame too- the original plans were so amazing. I hate to see the budget ruin things when the park actually does come up with solid ideas.
Thanks given by:  Pretzel Kaiser, Planeteer, Party Rocker, Joe, Haberdasher1973, Applesauce
09-04-2013, 11:59 AM

Zebrashoes some others had problems it should be fixed, if not call like Nic suggested. So everything for HOS is coming along from what I heard and seen. And I don't see anything with using older props, it's a recycling type thing don't waste it if you can reuse it and just make it work fine. The thing I'm excited to see is the final product, everyone gonna have opinion, but also it's listed as a premier immersive event. So yeah it's gonna have flaws mix up and confusion, but I will let it work out the kinks, also if you notice something good or bad let them know especially for the employees, they can only do or say so much. Go to guest services and leave responses, write it in the WALK OFF book, or the TM there can type it in. I can say that those comments do get read every night. On another note I m looking forward to doing Rippers Row and see how it all works in with the guests, and does anyone know why they ever got rid of the idea not to do the train ride with the scares? I enjoyed that and think they should bring it back, so that it could immerse people into a DARKSIDE of the gardens.
Thanks given by:  Nicole, Planeteer
09-04-2013, 12:03 PM

You are correct Zachary, also for Demon Street they want to "tone" it down so people don't complain that BGW is having satanic type ritual. So make it more discotheque hell theme.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication | |