ParkFans Logo

Food & Wine Festival 2013

01-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Subject: RE: Food & Wine Festival 2013

(01-14-2013 10:16 PM)Nora Wrote:  T-shirts and or Wine Glasses with the Festival name and date should be available for guests. I would also suggest that and event like this should start small. Keep the quality high verses quantity and let the festival build each year.

I couldn't agree more - SF Great Adventure's inaugural food & wine festival (2010) was handled in just this way: small but well executed. It was held in the off-season, just after Fright Fest.

IMG_4469 by WukieGrl, on Flickr

Mr. Gasparich, you can try to remove everything I hold dear but you can never take away my memory of what the park was, nor my hope of what it can be again.

I am not bound to please thee with my answers. ~Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
Thanks given by:  Nora, Zachary
01-15-2013, 10:48 AM

BGW has been able to provide great food if they try (see pretzels). While I don't drink, I'm certainly up for tasting more food. Color me excited.

BGWFans Anti-Fun Club
Thanks given by:  Haberdasher1973, netdvn
01-15-2013, 11:26 AM

(01-14-2013 11:05 PM)David Wrote:  I like food.
I like wine. (though rum is better. food and rum event anyone?)

It'd be pretty hard to mess this event up i'd say.

Food and Wine in Florida is "Food and anything with alcohol." Test Track and Mission Space hit a whole new level when lit.
01-15-2013, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2013 12:19 PM by Shane.)

(01-14-2013 01:36 PM)Zachary Wrote:  I would think the park would be doing something to keep interest during the off season though. They have been completely silent.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

And Welcome back Nora!!! So glad to finally have you back and on staff! Grinning

Waking up fresh every mornin'; Openin' up for you; Waitin' for your laughter; With so much new to do! Busch—Gardens! Busch—Gardens! Come to Busch Gardens and come to life! Come to Busch Gardens and come—to life!
Contact Me: Private Message | Email | Twitter | ParkFans Chat Room Image
Thanks given by:  Nora
01-15-2013, 07:28 PM

I would love it if they brought in local vendors, wine makers and breweries that specialized in the appropriate culture. I hope they don't try to do it all in house. I just want some info.

Yes, horror, fright, gore! We need more EVIL!
Thanks given by:  Youhow2
01-15-2013, 11:15 PM

(01-15-2013 07:28 PM)pandorazboxx Wrote:  I would love it if they brought in local vendors, wine makers and breweries that specialized in the appropriate culture. I hope they don't try to do it all in house. I just want some info.

I would have to imagine that this is the case. This is speculative mind you, but my theory is based on the reason that wine servers should be trained to check IDs and how to serve wine for tastings (there is a difference). They should also be knowledgeable about the wines they are serving. It makes for a better/ smoother experience. It would be beneficial for the wineries to provide their own staff for the event.

I would like to see local wineries as well (as Virginia Wines are gaining a strong reputation these days for quality wine). My suggestions are: Grayhaven Winery, Afton Mountain Vineyards, obviously New Kent & Williamsburg Wineries, Chateau Morrisette, the list goes on. However, being "Busch Gardens Europe" I would hope some World Flavors would also be tossed into the mix.

I'm excited about the event. This is something new for the area and I'm ready to go on my Food and Wine Tour. Smiling

Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country!
Thanks given by:  Haberdasher1973
01-17-2013, 10:55 AM

After looking at the concert schedule, I wonder if the wine event will be in sometime in June. They dont have concerts when there are other special events going on, such as Illuminights. They have a gap in concerts from Memorial Day to the end of June.
01-17-2013, 02:51 PM

Now to bring your attention to an older post. A link to an article was posted and the article said
Quote: Tentative start date is sometime in May, and the festival could take place over several weekends.

I realize that is not much to go off of but is very very likely at this point in time.
01-18-2013, 09:17 AM

^Weekends in late may, early june

Europe In The Air is the best ride ever... anyone who disagrees should be drug out to the street and shot... Wait... It's not here anymore... OR is it! :/ #EitAConspiracy
01-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Editors

I'll just leave this here...

Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Thanks given by:  netdvn, b.mac
01-20-2013, 11:19 PM

I hate to do this, but I spy a new logo. Winking
01-20-2013, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 03:52 PM by Zachary.)

A leak got leaked. Anyway, here's the full post. Also, Gelato!

Find Me: Twitter | Facebook | Google+
Contact Me: Private Message | Email

Our biggest foe is our inclination towards complacency and willingness to settle for mediocrity.
01-21-2013, 02:15 PM

In house Gelato? Another thing for me to spend atleast $15 on everytime I visit *Tired.

Anyways, the promotion might not have changed, but "Waves of Honor" sounds horrible.

"Too scary for your family?
Visit us during the day to experience family-friendly rides, Sesame Street Forest of Fun and Land of the Dragons children’s areas, and up-close animal encounters perfect for fall fun. Once the clock strikes 6 p.m., the Howl-O-Scream scares begin which may not be suitable for young children."

01-21-2013, 03:22 PM

That is pretty cool news. I Like the concept of selling Gelato. I think it will be a big asset to the park and should sell great on those hot summer days.

Gelato is Gluten Free as well; so score one for the G-Free crowd! I wonder how many times I'll need to walk around the park to burn off the calories. Smiling No matter, it will be totally worth it.

Have a great day at Busch Gardens, The Old Country!
Thanks given by:  Zachary, Party Rocker
01-22-2013, 03:35 PM

I found this in the media section of the parks website.

Quote:Busch Gardens® Food Festival (May 31 – June 23)
The park will celebrate what Busch Gardens® does best, offering guests a taste of Europe through amazing culinary offerings. The food festival will feature special foods and beverages not normally found at Busch Gardens. Busch Gardens is bringing the great sights, sounds and aromas of world-class cuisine out of the kitchen and into the park so guests can sample authentic tastes of Europe at the world’s most beautiful theme park. More details will be announced soon.

So I was right,it is in the concert gap. I posted this last week.
(01-17-2013 10:55 AM)Alpenscoot Wrote:  After looking at the concert schedule, I wonder if the wine event will be in sometime in June. They dont have concerts when there are other special events going on, such as Illuminights. They have a gap in concerts from Memorial Day to the end of June.
Thanks given by:  Dwight Schrute, Party Rocker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | ParkFans Network | Return to Top | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication | |